Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Here We Go Again!

It has been over two years since I had my last blog. May things have happened in my life since then. I have decided to become a much healthier person so I can keep up with all the kids in my life. I want to be the aunt who can run around the amusement park with the kids and climb the dunes at the beach. I no longer want to be the aunt who can only sit on the sidelines and watch the fun.
In February of this year I made a huge decision to change my entire lifestyle. I started eating healthier and even started going to the health club. My friend from high school posted how she was participating in a race for the first time in a long while ( she was a runner in school). I was impressed to say the least. I was never athletic in high school ( the opposite actually, I was pretty klutzy). I had many injuries that kept me from doing any sports. So when I decided that I wanted to start walking in races my family thought I was nuts, although they always support anything that makes me healthier. I started training to walk in 5-k races. I am not nuts enough to think that I can run so walking will have to do ( FOR NOW).  To date, I have completed one 1-mile race, one 2-mile walk and two 5-k races. I am hooked. I have found something that I enjoy doing and that is good for me. I have lost 60 pounds and feel better than I have in a long time.
My family is a very small one. My husband Danny, myself and our two dogs, Bandit ( 12 y/o German Shepherd Mutt); and Louie ( 2 y/o Yellow Lab). We want to do things with ( Our Boys) while Bandit can still enjoy them. When Bandit was much younger we took him to Florida so he could go swimming. This time we found a place in Florida that allows dogs to go swimming right in the Gulf and not in some inlet. We are planning on spending 3 weeks with the dogs on the beach. This time, my parents are coming with for the trip. I will be participating in a 5-k while we are in Florida. This should be a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment