Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An Awesome Week

My parents left Florida today to get home in time for my aunt's surgery. This was the first time in my adult life that I was on vacation with my parents, ( a few days in Mackinaw doesn't count). We spent the week on the beach and at the pool. I felt like a kid again. My dad and I went out past the breakers in the surf and my mom stayed on shore just like she did when we lived in Florida when I was in high school. I kept on waving to her over the waves so she wouldn't worry. My dad and I kept laughing when the other of us would get hit by that awesome 7th wave. The three of us went to one of the pools and spent most of our time there sun-bathing because the pool wasn't heated and the water was FREEZING. Dad and I went a different day to the smaller pool to see if it was any warmer. It was, but the filter was broken and we didn't want to turn into the creature from the black lagoon so we didn't stay too long. Where was Danny this whole time you ask? You guessed it, working. He didn't take any vacation time for this trip so he has to work during the week.
My mom made me a special dinner since I haven't had red meat in forever. We had steak, baked potatoes and corn-on-the-cob. We were going to cook it all on the grill but found out it didn't work. That's o.k. because we found out Mom and I make a pretty good team in the kitchen. Last night, for their last night here, I made dinner for my parents. Nothing fancy, just chicken stir fry, but it was awesome to hear my dad say how good it was, and for my mom to say I was turning into a pretty good cook.
Last night Danny put Louie in his life jacket and brought him down to the beach to see if he could get him to swim so my dad could see it before he left. You guessed it. LOUIE CAN SWIM!!! When Louie was a puppy he fell off a pier and has been afraid of water when he can't touch the bottom. With the help of his life jacket, he swam in the surf and my dad got to see it.
When my parents left today I cried like a little baby. I don't really know why. It was just that we had had such an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment